Nutritional Information - per serving - serves 4
332 calories - 15 g. fat - 30 g. protein - 22 g. carbohydrate - 8 g. fiber
- 4 slices center-cut bacon1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 2-1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. whole-grain dijon mustard
- 10-oz. package romaine salad
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1 c. frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed (I used canned)
- 1 ripe, peeled avocado, cut into eight wedges or large chunks
- Crumbled blue cheese (my addition)
1. Cook bacon in skillet or in oven until crisp. Remove from pan and crumble. Wipe pan clean and increase heat to medium-high.
2. Sprinkle shrimp with paprika and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray and add shrimp. Cook two minutes per side or until done. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. salt, toss to coat.
3. Combine remaining salt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and olive oil, stirring with a whisk until emulsified. Add torn romaine lettuce and toss to coat.
4. Arrange lettuce between four plates. Divide shrimp, all vegetables, and bacon evenly among plates. Add a small sprinkle of blue cheese if desired.