This little gem is courtesy of a nice little blog called The Little Kitchen That Could. These are a great appetizer for both a fancy dinner party and a casual get-together. Easy to put together (just allow some time for assembly because the cutting and wrapping can take awhile).
SWEET & SPICY BACON CHICKEN WRAPS
The original recipe calls for bacon slices to be divided into thirds. I have found that this preparation makes the bacon slices too tall for the chicken pieces. I have halved the bacon slices lengthwise first, then slice vertically into thirds, and I find that this works better.
- 1 to 1-1/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 package sliced bacon (I use center cut)
- 2/3 c. firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- Toothpicks (for assembly/serving)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut each bacon slice lengthwise and then into thirds vertically (you will have six total pieces of bacon from each original slice off the slab).
3. Wrap bacon pieces around chicken pieces and secure with a toothpick.
4. Mix brown sugar and chili powder.
5. Toss chicken/bacon wraps in brown sugar/chili powder mixture.
6. Arrange wraps on a broiler pan lined with foil and coated with Pam.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp.