This is a very simple summer salad that is both healthy and a great way to repurpose grilled chicken leftovers. Just grill a couple of extra chicken breasts the night before and dinner is halfway made the next evening.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES AND FETA
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
358 calories - 17.3 g. fat - 39 g. protein - 10 g. carbohydrates - 2 g. fiber
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, divided
- Four 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- 2 c. halved strawberries
- 4 c. baby arugula
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. feta cheese (crumbled)
1. Combine 2 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken and seal. Marinate for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Heat grill pan or grill. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
3. Grill until chicken is done (approximately 5 minutes on each side). Let cool and thinly slice.
4. Combine remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk until well incorporated.
5. Add strawberries and toss to coat.
6. Add arugula and red onion to strawberry mixture. Toss gently to combine.
7. Divide salad among four plates and sprinkle with feta cheese. Top evenly with sliced chicken and serve.