I found this recipe on Pinterest, and I believe it is one of those "eating clean" recipes. If nothing else, it's certainly made with fresh ingredients and it is very low carb if you are on that kind of dieting train. This recipe is slightly adapted from The Cookie Rookie.
GRILLED SALMON WITH AVOCADO SALSA
The original recipe calls for the salmon to be grilled. I baked mine in the oven at 350 degrees for between 10-15 minutes (depending on desired level of doneness). There are so many rich spices in the spice rub that I don't think you necessarily need the extra flavor from the grill.
- 2 lb. salmon, cut into four pieces (I used 6-oz. salmon filets, so I only used about 1.5 lbs.)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 1/2 small red onion, diced very fine
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped fine
- Additional salt, to taste
1. Mix 1 tsp. salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper together.
2. Rub spices evenly over salmon filets with olive oil.
3. Refrigerate salmon for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Preheat grill (or oven - see note above).
5. Combine avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and additional salt in a bowl and mix well. Chill avocado salsa until ready to use.
6. Grill or bake salmon to desired level of doneness.
7. Top with avocado salsa and serve.