This Cooking Light recipe was delicious and I was able to make it indoors on my new Le Creuset grill pan. Easy dinner requiring just one bowl and one pan.
TUSCAN-STYLE GARLIC-HERB PORK CHOPS
The original recipe called for bone-in, center cut loin pork chops. I prefer boneless pork loin so that is what I used. The original recipe also suggested grilling the pork chops first and then coating in the herb mixture afterward. Instead, I marinated the pork chops for a few minutes in the herb mixture and also brushed it on in the end.
Nutritional Information - per serving, serves 4
328 calories - 14.8 g. fat - 29 g. protein - 20 g. carbohydrates - 5 g. fiber
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. thinly-sliced sage leaves
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. finely-chopped rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- Four 6-oz. pork chops
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Two 15-oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. (packed) baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. thinly-sliced green onions
- 12 green onions, pitted and sliced
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat.
2. Combine 2 tsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. parsley, sage, vinegar, rosemary, and 1/2 chopped garlic on a large plate. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place pork on grill rack and grill 5 minutes. Turn over and grill 3 minutes more or until done.
4. Transfer pork chops to platter and coat in herb mixture.
5. Combine lemon rind, lemon juice, 2 tsp. olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk.
6. Add cannellini beans, remaining garlic, spinach, green onions, olives, and remaining parsley. Stir to combine.
7. Serve bean salad with pork chops.