APPLE BUTTER PIE
You can garnish this pie with whipped cream and/or crushed gingersnaps. Southern Living tested this pie with Smucker's Spiced Apple Butter. I used the plain old Kroger brand (and saved a couple of bucks) and it turned out great.
- 8 oz. gingersnaps (about 1/2 box), crushed
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free)
- 1 c. spiced apple butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1-1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix crushed gingersnaps (I used my Cuisinart to crush them) and melted butter until well-blended.
3. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Press gingersnap crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
4. Bake crust at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
5. While crust bakes, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, apple butter, egg yolks, and cider vinegar.
6. Pour custard mixture into prepared pie crust.
7. Bake for 15 minutes more at 350 degrees.
8. Chill for 2-24 hours and serve.