This very recent Cooking Light recipe was interesting to me because it combined a lot of veggies that I enjoy and also is very low in calories and WW Points Plus....only 1 point per serving! I am not quite sure how that math works, because this does seem to have several starchy vegetables in it that would push the Points value up a bit more, but I'll take it. This recipe was delicious and great with grilled chicken and a green salad.
BABY POTATOES WITH TOMATO-CORN SAUTE
I don't like hard or crunchy potatoes, so I increased the boiling time by 3-5 minutes to make sure mine were tender. I also used frozen corn instead of fresh and it tasted just as good. FYI, this photo was taken before I added the cheese.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
45 calories - 3.5 g. fat - 1.6 g. protein - 2.2 g. carbs - 0.5 g. fiber
- 12 oz. small baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1-1/2 tsp. thinly-sliced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 c. halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 c. fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 oz. (1/4 c.) shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add corn, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Saute two minutes.
3. Add cooked potatoes and tomatoes to pan. Cook one minute.
4. Top with cilantro and Parmesan cheese.