SAUSAGE, TOMATO, AND ARUGULA FETTUCCINE
You will find the fresh pasta in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, often by the prepared foods or even by the fresh deli meats and cheeses.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
356 calories - 13 g. fat - 39 g. carbs - 20 g. protein - 4 g. fiber
- 9-oz. package refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (I used bottled)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 c. baby arugula leaves
- 2 oz. pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a collander over a bowl, reserving 2/3 c. cooking liquid.
2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings and add sausage to pan, stirring to crumble until browned.
3. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add tomatoes and pepper, covering to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Mash tomatoes with the back of a spoon to break them up. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove pan from heat and add pasta, pasta water, and arugula.
7. Toss well and top with cheese.