Tuesday, August 20, 2013

BLT Chopped Salad


I found this salad on Pinterest and thought it looked interesting for summer....fresh corn, avocado, tomatoes, and my husband's favorite (bacon!) made for a really nice salad.

Recipe Notes
I ran this version through the WW Points Plus tracker and I came up with a Points value of 5.  I did make modifications from the original recipe that I found (I added more lettuce, used less cheese, and used center-cut bacon instead of slab to make it healthier).

Ingredients
  • 3 c. Bibb lettuce, chopped
  • 3 c. arugula, chopped
  • 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
  • Fresh corn kernels from one large ear of corn
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
  • Juice from one lime
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
1.  Combine Bibb lettuce, arugula, grape tomatoes, corn kernels, avocado, bacon, and feta in a large bowl.
2.  Whisk olive oil and lime juice to make the dressing.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
3.  Toss salad gently with dressing and serve immediately.




No comments:

Post a Comment