Friday, March 25, 2011

Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes

Guess where I found this recipe? The back of the Lipton onion soup mix box! I had an extra packet and figured it was worth a try. Corey loved these - we have had them twice since I found the recipe.

LIPTON ONION ROASTED POTATOES

Recipe Notes

Watch your oven - mine took a little bit less time than recommended. Also, I used about half as much vegetable oil as is called for in the recipe. I am not sure how many calories and fat grams that switch saves, but it should be substantial.

Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)

360 calories - 18 g. fat - 5 g. protein - 45 g. carbohydrates - 4 g. fiber

Ingredients

  • 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
  • 4 medium all-purpose potatoes (I used peeled russet potatoes), cut into large chunks
  • 1/3 c. vegetable oil

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and transfer to a 9x13 roasting pan (I used half as much vegetable oil as called for in recipe).

3. Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden brown (approximately 35 minutes).

4. Lipton also recommends substituting onion soup mix with savory herb and garlic flavor, onion mushroom flavor, or golden onion flavor mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment